Unfortunately, if your credit score or FICO score is 540 or under, you have poor credit and will not qualify for most traditional credit cards. Fortunately, however, there are products available that will allow you to get a Visa or MasterCard and even help you rebuild your damaged credit score. qualify for credit card offers mostly marketed to consumers with good credit. If you recently found out that you have poor credit, we strongly recommend you check your credit score and report for free to ensure that the information is accurate and to learn how to avoid future credit problems.
Best credit cards for credit scores 540 or below:
VIS® Platinum from Credit One Bank — The Credit One Bank® Visa® Platinum Card is my top pick for anybody with poor or limited credit as it offers the best chance of approval and low interest rates and fees when compared to other cards in this credit category.
Learn more »
Is your credit score not 550, 560, 570, 580, 590? Find more top credit cards for your credit score (FICO score) range:
- Best credit cards for credit score 800 and above
- Best credit cards for credit score 750, 760, 770, 780, 790
- Best credit cards for credit score 700, 710, 720, 730, 740
- Best credit cards for credit score 650, 660, 670, 680, 690
- Best credit cards for credit score 600, 610, 620, 630, 640
- Best credit cards for credit score 550, 560, 570, 580, 590